We are working to create a dyslexia-friendly Scotland. We aim to inspire and enable all people with dyslexia to realise their potential, and to encourage changemakers to help us.
Scotland is a dyslexia-friendly country that values the skills and talents of dyslexic people.
To inspire and enable people reach their potential in life, learning and work.
- Social justice
- Continuous improvement
Our strategic aims
- To provide and promote high quality services
- To influence and achieve positive change at a national and local level
- To give people with dyslexia a strong individual and collective voice
- To ensure Dyslexia Scotland is a sustainable, efficient and effective organisation
As we make progress towards a dyslexia-friendly Scotland, these are the difference the dyslexic community has asked us to concentrate on making:
Dyslexic people will:
- Have a better understanding of how they think and learn
- Be more confident
- Feel better supported and valued in their daily life, learning environment, workplace and community
- Have opportunities to achieve and attain
- Be better equipped to manage key challenges and transitions.
Among the dyslexic population:
- There will be an increased understanding of dyslexia and its impacts and advantages.
Our strategic plan for 2022-2025 sets out our road map to a dyslexia-friendly Scotland. We’ve produced the plan in a range of formats to make it as accessible as possible:
Summary document and full document PDFs: