Members’ library terms and conditions
Our library management system is operated by Librarika. By joining Librarika you are agreeing to the terms and conditions of use set out both by Librarika https://librarika.com/spages/terms-and-conditions-of-use and by Dyslexia Scotland.
By accessing, browsing, and borrowing books from our library, you agree to all the terms and conditions in this agreement. Please read them carefully before joining the library.
Once you have joined the online platform Librarika and accessed the Dyslexia Scotland library, Dyslexia Scotland will have access to the data you submitted to Librarika on joining and any additional data you submit.
What information stored in Librarika will Dyslexia Scotland be using?
We will only collect and use information about you from Librarika if we have reason to do so – for example your name, address, email address and telephone number.
What would we use the information for?
• to post you your book loans
• to contact you about your book loan or reservation
• to send you information about library use
How do we use your information?
Dyslexia Scotland will never sell, distribute or share your information with any other organisations without your permission.
We will use the information stored on LIbrarika:
• to post book loans out to you
• to consider how we can make the library information, products and services we offer to you better
• to contact you about other reservations and overdue books
• to share information on the library
How do we store your information?
Your personal information will be stored on the Librarika database.
• Books can be borrowed for 4 weeks at a time.
• The due date on any book will be 35 days after issue date to allow time to cover delivery delays.
• Up to 4 books can be borrowed at any one time.
• Books will posted out to you.
• Books must arrive back to Dyslexia Scotland on or before the due date, unless an extension has been agreed with our Volunteer Librarian. Return postage costs will need to be covered by you, the borrower.
• You can pick up or drop off any reserved books in-person on Thursday mornings (10.30am -1pm)
• The library is only manned by our volunteer Librarian one day/week. It may take up to one full week before we can pack and post your book/s out to you or respond to reservation requests and emails.
Proof of Posting
If you return book/s by post please ensure you keep proof of posting. You can request a free ‘proof of posting’ at the Post Office when you hand over your parcel for posting. If returned book/s fail to arrive, Dyslexia Scotland may request proof of posting. If there is no proof of posting, Dyslexia Scotland reserves the right to charge a replacement cost for the missing book/s.
There are no fines for overdue items but we ask that borrowers return items as quickly as they are able to or when requested. If you don’t return books when asked, you will receive overdue notices and may be blocked from further borrowing.
Librarika offers the opportunity to leave book reviews. Any book reviews deemed inappropriate by Dyslexia Scotland will be removed.
Modifications to service
We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue the library service (or any part or content thereof) without notice at any time.
We shall not be liable to you or to any third-party for any modification, suspension or discontinuation of the service.
We reserve the right, but are not obliged, to limit the loan of our books or services to any person, geographic region or jurisdiction. We may exercise this right on a case-by-case basis.