We are looking forward to bringing you another interactive day with a variety of opportunities to learn more about supporting dyslexia in the classroom. We are pleased to announce the following keynote speakers:
- Dr Rob Savage, Professor in Psychology and Human Development and Head of Department at University College London Institute of Education. Dr Savage's work focusses on reading development and will speak on 'Intervening across the age range: recent evidence on preventive early interventions and effective later interventions.'
- Mamta Singhal, BEng, MBA, Former Young Woman Engineer of the Year, Design Engineer, Business Consultant and Speaker. Mamta will speak about her dyslexia journey.
- Hamish Holmes, Dyslexia Scotland Young Ambassador. Hamish has recently joined our group of dedicated Young Ambassadors and will speak about his independent learning strategies.
Delegates will also have the opportunity to attend two interactive workshops meet exhibitors who offer a wide range of materials and technologies to support teaching and learning and have the opportunity to network with teaching staff from across Scotland. Please download our conference poster here (we'd really appreciate you displaying it in your staff room). Our workshops will include:
- Making Sense Action Research
- Assistive Technology in the Classroom
- Outdoor Learning
- Maths: Playing Card Games
- Resilience in the Classroom
- Early Years: Identification and Support
Our conference continues to offer good value - our rate has been frozen for another year. Our rates are:
- Early bird rate (until 31 August 2019) - Member: £100; Non-Member: £115
- Rate from 1 September 2019 - Member: £125; Non-Member: £150
Exhibitor information Find out about exhibiting at our conference here.
If you have any conference queries, please email email@example.com or call 01786 446650.
Bookings cancelled up to Friday 4th October 2019 will incur a £40 cancellation fee. Sorry, but bookings cancelled after 4th October will not be reimbursed.
Dyslexia Scotland is a registered charity (SC 000951).
Discounted rate for Holiday Inn Express Glasgow Theatreland
The Holiday Inn Express Glasgow Theatreland has provided a discounted rate for delegates/exhibitors staying on the Friday night (25/10/19) before the conference. The rate is £82.00 single occupancy and express start breakfast is included. This discounted rate is available until Friday 27th September 2019.
Each delegate/exhibitor is responsible for calling the hotel directly on 0141 352 8300 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and quoting Dyslexia Scotland to make their reservation. A credit card number must be provided at the time of the booking.
Other hotels are also available nearby.
Please see presentations from our 2018 conference here:
- Judy Hornigold Slides
- Rachel Miller Slides
- Andrew Jenkins Slides
- Dyslexia and Inclusive Practice Workshop Slides
- Children and Childhood Now Workshop Slides: Eugene and Kate
- Mission Superpower Workshop Slides
- Working Memory Workshop Slides
- Dyslexia, Education and the Law Workshop Slides
If you have any questions, please email the Conference Co-ordinator, Helen Fleming at email@example.com