The theme of Dyslexia Awareness Week is Destination Dyslexia: a route map
We want to make Scotland a dyslexia friendly destination for every person who has dyslexia. A dyslexia friendly society is one where everyone understands dyslexia and how it impacts the 1 in 10 children and adults who are dyslexic.
This means more understanding and knowledge in classrooms, with all school staff better trained and knowing how to find out how to support pupils with dyslexia. It means that employers know about their responsibilities to provide reasonable adjustments in the workplace. It means that parents feel better supported and their concerns are listened to. It means that people with dyslexia are able to talk about their difficulties and are able to use their skills to their advantage and reach their full potential.
- Take part in any of the online events taking place during Dyslexia Awareness Week. (There are also some events taking place before and after the official week.)
- Use our children’s presentation in the classroom – can you get some pupils with dyslexia to present it? Or this rolling presentation can be shown running in a loop with no presenter in schools.
- Ask children and young people to decribe their 'dyslexia journey' with this worksheet - see the end with details of how to send it to be added to our website and social media.
- Download a general poster to display or adapt our events poster with your details.
- If you’re a teacher, sign up to the 3 free online Modules on the Online Addressing Dyslexia Toolkit.
- Our general presentation can help raise awareness in your workplace or community.
- Share our Twitter and Facebook posts which will follow daily themes. Use #DAWScot21
- Make connections on Linkedin and connect on Instagram
- Check out our website for 8 - 18s, Dyslexia Unwrapped, and download a poster here.
- Have a look at our leaflets for children, parents, adults and employers.
- Sign up to our free quarterly e-bulletin.
- Join Dyslexia Scotland and be part of a growing membership across Scotland - you can join or renew online.