Dyslexia: My Wider World
This year's theme will help us highlight the many ways that dyslexia can play a part in someone’s life. Can you help us reach out to more people and raise awareness and understanding of the 1 in 10 children, young people and adults with dyslexia in Scotland?
Here are some ways you can get involved:
- Download and display our fantastic posters and share the stories of our poster champions.
- Order some of Ellie’s Blue Dyslexia Ribbons to wear during Dyslexia Awareness Week. Read the story of the ribbon and how to use it here.
- Go along to one of the events taking place across Scotland during Dyslexia Awareness Week.
- Check out our website for children and young people aged 8 – 18 and download a poster here. Follow us on Instagram @dyslexiaunwrapped
- Use our children’s presentation or general presentation to raise awareness in your school, workplace or community. The presentations can be used with the notes provided, or you can set it to run on a loop.
- Share our Twitter and Facebook posts and join us on YouTube. Look for the hashtag #mywiderworld on Twitter.
- Get some ideas for things you can do in schools or in the workplace.
- If you’re a teacher, sign up to the 3 free online Modules on the Online Addressing Dyslexia Toolkit.
- If you work in CLD, there's also a free Module to help create a supportive learning environment.
- Check out our leaflets for children, parents, teachers, adults and employers.
- Join Dyslexia Scotland and be part of a growing membership across Scotland – you can join or renew online and we have individual and family memberships.