The following motion was lodged on 7 November in the Scottish Parliament:
That the Parliament:
- Welcomes Dyslexia Awareness Week 2016
- Notes that it runs from 7 to 12 November with the theme, Dyslexia: Did you know...?
- Understands that events taking place across Scotland, led by Dyslexia Scotland and a wide range of partners, includes a social media campaign using #DAW16, practical talks with ideas to help adults and children with dyslexia, drop-in sessions at local shopping centres and libraries and events at cinemas, workplaces and schools to answer questions about dyslexia
- Believes that this will provide support to adults, children and the parents of children with dyslexia
- Notes that a blue ribbon is worn to mark Dyslexia Awareness Week
- Understands that this stems from the Ellie’s Blue Ribbon Dyslexia campaign, which was named after schoolgirl Ellie, who was identified as having dyslexia when she was nine and encountered misunderstanding about dyslexia that prompted her to launch the campaign
- Wishes everyone involved in Dyslexia Awareness Week continued success in highlighting awareness
This motion has so far been supported by 42 MSPs.
To read the full motion and see who supported the motion, click here