Are you a teacher keen to learn and share more about dyslexia?
Dyslexia Scotland has received funding from the Scottish Government to deliver 5 free Masterclass. They are being offered exclusively to teachers who work within Scotland's state schools, in 5 local authority areas.
The aims of the events are:
- to train 500 ‘early adopter’ teachers who are in turn willing to train others in their areas
- to deepen teachers’ knowledge about the Addressing Dyslexia Toolkit, online training module 1 and the associated ‘reflective log’
Participating in the full day session will provide an awareness of:
- The Scottish Context
- What dyslexia is and its impact
- Dyslexia and inclusive practice
- Effective communication
- How dyslexia is identified
- Information and practical support strategies
The Masterclass will be led by Fran Ranaldi, Development Officer for Dyslexia and Inclusive Practice, Education Scotland and Chair of the Addressing Dyslexia Toolkit together with partners from the Addressing Dyslexia Toolkit working group.
Each event will have a Marketplace, with displays from a range of relevant organisations, including the Toolkit/Making Sense working group partner organisations and others. We will also run 5 GLOW half day follow up seminars to build on the learning of participants at each of the events.
The Masterclasses dates are as follows:
- Edinburgh – 26 September (completed)
- Glasgow - 28 September (completed)
- Kilmarnock – 6 October (completed)
- Inverness – 11 November
- Dundee – 20 January 2018 (venue to be confirmed)
Bookings will be taken on a first come first served basis – you can attend in whichever location suits you best (it does not have to be in the same local authority where you work).
To book your place, visit: https://adtmasterclassinverness.eventbrite.co.uk