We currently have three Adult Network Groups:
- Monthly meetings in Glasgow - see here for the 2017 meeting schedule
- Quarterly meetings in Stirling - see here for the draft 2017 meeting schedule
- Quarterly meetings in Edinburgh - see here for the 2017 meeting schedule
All the upcoming meeting dates are posted on our Events page - see here for upcoming meetings.
The Networks are support groups for people over 18 who have dyslexia. As well as making new friends, the meetings can help you to:
- share your ideas and experiences
- discuss how you have overcome challenges
- talk about issues in education and employment
- learn from guest speakers
There is no need to book. Everyone is welcome to come along, however we ask that you become a member if you plan to attend regularly.
We are aware that some people might feel a little nervous about coming to an adult network meeting, so the first time you attend, you would be welcome to bring a friend or relative.
Get in touch with Helen Fleming for further details.
UK- wide Dyslexia Adult Network
The Dyslexia Adult Network (DAN) was set up in 2015 to increase awareness of the impact of dyslexia and related conditions on adults.
The Dyslexia Adult Network is made up of representatives of the major dyslexia charities and of specialists, including adults with dyslexia. Dyslexia Scotland is one of the partners involved. To find out more, visit their website. Click here for the latest newsletter.
"It was the first time people actually understood what I had gone through.”
Gary, 23, West Lothian.