The following motion was lodged on 30 August in the Scottish Parliament:
That the Parliament:
- congratulates the Scottish Football Association (SFA) and Dyslexia Scotland on their two-year partnership;
- understands that a celebration event, held on 26 August 2016 at Hampden Park to mark the culmination of the partnership, highlighted the success of the partnership, which aims to help increase awareness about dyslexia in the footballing world and among football fans;
- recognises that the SFA also helps Dyslexia Scotland to raise funds at football matches and through an annual Christmas donation;
- notes that, at the event, celebrities such as the former Formula 1 world champion, Sir Jackie Stewart, and the current Scotland international footballer, Steven Naismith, gave presentations about their experience of being dyslexic, while the Scottish entrepreneur, Jim McColl, talked about the work of his school, Newland Junior College, which helps disengaged young people; and
- commends Dyslexia Scotland for the excellent work that it undertakes in helping to support people with dyslexia.
This motion has so far been supported by 28 MSPs.
To read the full motion and see who supported the motion, click here.